Despite their name, Pharaoh ants are native to Africa and have spread quickly throughout the globe. The colonies are quite large and consist of: queens, winged males, workers, eggs and larvae. They are quite common in London, especially in people’s apartments. Pharaoh ants are also found in hospitals, grocery stores and hotels. They prefer heat and humidity sources. They are also present outside the houses in shady places.
You can easily identify them because their bodies are usually pale, varying from yellowish to reddish. They like to feed on protein, oil or dead insects. Sweets or leftovers are also good options.
It may seem hard to believe, but Pharaoh ants cause many diseases, including Streptococcus and Staphylococcus. It causes many problems in hospitals, especially babies.
How to prevent a pharaoh ants infestation?
Pharaoh ants are spreading fast, which is why it is recommended to take some safety precautions. Some of them are:
- Carefully seals the entrances to the house
- Dispose garbage regularly
- Constantly clean the floors
- Do not leave food scraps outside. Food should be stored in tightly closed containers
- Thoroughly clean the surfaces after each meal.
- Firewood should be stored 20 meters away from the home.
- Use S-Methoprene, a hormone that prevents the growth of insects.
- In case of too much humidity in the house, try to use special devices. Dehumidifiers are
- Announce a specialist in the field immediately. A pest specialist can quickly solve any
problem, regardless of its complexity.
You can call Pest Control 24 London at any time. The team consists only of professionals, who will carefully carry out each activity. They also respect the safety measures in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Professionals are ready to offer you high standards of safety, comfort and quality. Call us at 0203 151 6812 and book an inspect