Ants infestation is not an easy task, and might create a lot of problems around your house. As summer approaches and temperatures keep increasing, more and more people might find their homes infested with pesky little garden ants looking for a source of sugar either from leftover food or fruits. On hotter days, you may even see flying ants, an event known as ‘flying ant day’.
Ants may be small, but they are mighty. Do not ignore even a lonely ant cruising through your kitchen! They are great communicators and soon, thousands will follow if a viable source of food is found.
Signs that you have ants in your house
- Ants swarming around your garden or inside of your home.
- Ants pathways – ants secrete a certain pheromone in order to attract other ants to a food source thus creating a path of thousands of ants.
- Ants nests – these nests can be found outside your home or in your garden and look like a small pile of soil or dirt.
How to prevent ants infestation
- Avoid leaving food out of the fridge and make sure it is stored properly.
- Clean surfaces after eating.
- Sweep floor daily in order to clean food residue and bits fallen on the floor.
- Do not store fruit outside of the fridge.
What to do in case of an ants infestation?
In case of an ants infestation, do not hesitate to call Pest Control 24 London. We have the expertise to deal with ants infestations, all while following Government imposed Covid-19 measures. All our technicians wear disposable face masks and gloves in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and protect you.